The Outreach Team of Singles Pleasing The Lord focuses on creating opportunities for single men and single women to find fulfillment and be productive citizens of the Kingdom of God.
One of the best ways to enjoy single living is to use your season of singleness to meet the needs of others. Single adults that are most miserable are those that become self centered and focus only on themselves. These single adults typically end up with relationship driven lives marked by frustration, soul ties, sexual immorality, loneliness, lust and lack.
The Outreach Division is managed by Natasha Young and eleven other single men and women that have found the power of giving of themselves to others less fortunate during their season of singleness. This division is very productive and to date their accomplishments include:
- In 2011 hosted a Dance- a-Thon that raised $8000 for Feed The Children, a non profit organization that feeds hungry people around the world.
- In 2011hosted a Bowl-a- Thon that provided 50 book bags filled with school supplies for inner city children for By The Hand Club, a Chicago-based, after-school program that emphasizes academic excellence while nurturing the whole child.
- In 2012 twelve single men and women on the Outreach Team accompanied Pastor Julius and Debbie to Nigeria and served in a three day Medical Missions Clinic serving over 600 indigent women, children and men with no other access to health care. The Outreach Team raised the majority of the funds to take this trip. Each team member also carried over a suitcase of much need medical supplies.
- While in Nigeria the Outreach team visited an orphanage providing food and clothes to needy children. They also performed drama and music ministry sharing the message of Christ with over 50 orphans.
- While in Nigeria they hosted a singles conference and shared their testimonies of sexual purity and fulfilled single living.
- In 2013 they hosted a Sex Trafficking Awareness Educational Event to over 100 single men and women.
- As a service outreach project the single ladies of Singles Pleasing The Lord filled gift bags and working with Alabaster Box Ministry shared these bags with victims of sex trafficking as well as the love of Christ.
- In 2013 they hosted a Bowl-a-thon and raised $3000 for the establishment of the Elizabeth Mukes Scholarship Fund. A scholarship fund set up in honor of a former single parent volunteer and employee of Singles Pleasing the Lord that passed away of breast cancer. In January 2014 the first scholarships to children of single parents will be awarded.
- Every year the Outreach Team host a Christmas Winter Wonderland for children of the participants of the Singles Pleasing the Lord Single Parent Workshop. The team provides the children with solid age appropriate ministry while their parents are receiving parenting instruction. Each child also receives free toys and a hot lunch. In 2013 the destiny of children were forever changed as seven single moms rededicated their life to the Lord. The spirit of suicide was bound. Moms that were on the verge of abusing their children and giving then away made the decision to stay the course with the help of the Lord. The ministry was also able to give 26 single moms $125 gift cards and about 50 children free toys!
This is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes!!!!
If you would like to find out more about the Outreach Team of Singles Pleasing The Lord please email us at email@example.com or call 630 513-0038.